At the Pen Festival 2010

At the Pen Festival 2010
© PEN American Center/Susan Horgan. All rights reserved. Please contact media@pen.org for usage and rights.

May 29, 2009

MY BAD

A: MY BAD

I just got an email that says I misunderstood the last question. The emailer was asking which of the erotic stories that I have written are my favorites.

Okay, thanks for the question, now that I understand it.

In Carol Taylor's BROWN SUGAR series, I would have to say that NADINE'S HUSBAND is my favorite. It is well written, touching, and STORY is the most important element in it. It set the standard for all four stories I wrote for that series. STORY comes first--all other elements, including sex, must flow logically and smoothly from the story.

I also like SOUTHERNMOST TRIANGLE, which shows up in WANDERLUST (edited by Carol Taylor) because that is the first time in any of my stories (published or unpublished) I wrote a threesome scene that worked, in my opinion, because it flowed from STORY.

In my novel BOUNCE, which is an unabashedly erotic novel, the Boo-Hoo scene is tops as far as I am concerned.

In COME WITH ME, SHEBA, Chapter 19 works for me as a culmination of erotic energy--Chapter 19 is so hot I had to write it in parts. As I recall, Chapter 19 has 6 parts.

I hope that answers your question.

Thanks,

Preston

No comments: